With its pale sherbet-y tones, ‘Appleblossom' is an unanimous favorite. Imagine a pale yellow canvas delicately brushed with iridescent shades of rose, pink and peach—yep, kind of like a sunset—and you've got 'Appleblossom.' It's also a prolific bloomer—one of the first dahlias to start producing 4" flowers in the summer and last to finish in the autumn.
Tubers are sold individually, and come in a Plover fabric bag with a custom wooden stake and planting instructions.
- Tuber: 1
- Flower type: Collarette
- Scent: Unscented
- Height: 4-5'
- Site: Full Sun
- Water: Moist but well-drained
- Plant spacing: 18"
- Pinch: when plants are 12” tall
- Days to maturity: 80-100 days
- Flowering: July to November
- CARE TIPS: Support with a cane or stick, tie in every couple of weeks. Pick or dead-head regularly to prolong flowering. In milder winters you can mulch deeply and overwinter tubers in the ground.
- VASE LIFE: Change the water regularly and add a splash of cider vinegar or bleach as you do.
Delivery & Returns
This item is available to ship within 48 hours (unless otherwise noted) via UPS Ground. Expedited shipping is also available. Shipping rates are calculated at checkout.
This item may be returned using the pre-paid UPS Return Label included with your order. Please see our DELIVERY & RETURNS page for more information on shipping or completing a return.
Request a swatch
We will ship up to 3 swatches for FREE via USPS. Visit our SWATCHES page for instructions.